Improve your Android purposes via in depth trying out and debugging
About This Book
- Focus on Android instrumentation trying out to make sure complete program coverage
- Apply trying out suggestions and make the most of instruments to enhance Android program development
- Build intensively demonstrated and insect loose Android applications
Who This booklet Is For
If you're an Android developer trying to attempt your purposes or optimize your software improvement strategy, then this publication is for you. No earlier event in software checking out is required.
What you'll Learn
- Apply checking out concepts and make the most of instruments to enhance Android software development
- Get to grips with the nuances of checking out on Android, together with tips on how to architect an program to facilitate larger testing
- Explore the Android instrumentation trying out framework to optimize your actions, prone, content material companies, and utilization of alternative Android components
- Understand various improvement methodologies together with Test-driven improvement and Behavior-driven Development
- Apply the continual integration strategy for final program caliber control
- Improve program functionality via reading the implications again from functionality tests
- Expose your software to quite a lot of stipulations and configurations to simulate real-life community stipulations and notice difficulties within the application
- Explore extra instruments to enhance program caliber similar to micro benchmarks and code coverage
This e-book is a realistic creation to on hand concepts, frameworks, and instruments to entirely attempt your Android functions and enhance venture development.
You will examine the Java trying out framework, how one can create a try case and debug it. subsequent, you can be walked via utilizing the Android SDK to check utilizing the ActivityTestCase and ActivityUnitTest periods in addition to discussing renowned trying out libraries. via examples you are going to try records, databases, ContentProviders, exceptions, companies, and try your app utilizing coffee. you can find easy methods to deal with your Android trying out setting utilizing Android emulators, deep dive into how adb and the emulator can large cost your trying out automation, and in addition attempt consumer interactions with monkeyrunner. you can be guided via various checking out methodologies together with Test-driven improvement and Behavior-driven improvement and may easy methods to practice Unit and useful checking out utilising them for your Android tasks. additionally, you will use non-stop integration concepts for final software quality controls utilizing Gradle and Jenkins.
By the tip of the publication, you may be searching through replacement trying out strategies together with Fest and Spoon to construct upon and extend your Android trying out variety and finesse.
By Rory Lewis
So how do you construct an program for the iPhone and iPad? Don’t you want to spend years studying complex programming languages? What approximately Objective-C and Cocoa contact? the answer's that you simply don’t want to know any of these issues! anyone can commence construction basic apps for the iPhone and iPad, and this ebook will convey you the way.
This replace of an Apress bestseller walks you thru developing your first app, utilizing undeniable English and useful examples utilizing the iOS 6 software program improvement platform and extra. It cuts during the fog of jargon and incorrect information that surrounds iPhone and iPad app improvement, and provides you easy, step by step directions to get you started.
- Teaches iPhone and iPad apps improvement in language somebody can comprehend
- Provides basic, step by step examples that make studying effortless, utilizing iOS 6
- Offers bonus movies from the writer that provide help to stick to along—it’s like your individual deepest school room
The iPhone is the most popular device of our new release, and lots more and plenty of its luck has been fueled through the App shop, Apple’s on-line market for iPhone apps. Over 1 billion apps have been downloaded throughout the 9 months following the release of the App shop, starting from the best video games to the main advanced enterprise apps. each person has an idea for the subsequent bestselling iPhone app—that’s why you’re studying this now! And with the recognition of the iPad, this call for will simply keep growing.
What you’ll learn
- Get either your self and your machine arrange for iPhone and iPad software improvement
- Start by means of making small adjustments to current purposes to construct your wisdom and adventure sooner than developing your individual purposes
- Follow steps in simple English to construct uncomplicated apps and get them operating instantly
- Style your software in order that it appears to be like strong and clients can simply navigate via it
- Make use of the iPhone’s contact display and accelerometer
- Use shortcuts and cheat sheets to create apps the straightforward approach
Who this publication is for
If you may have a good proposal for an iPhone or iPad app, yet have by no means programmed earlier than, then this ebook is for you. You don’t should have any past machine programming skills—as lengthy as you will have a wish to research, and also you be aware of which finish of the mouse is which, you’ll be fantastic.
By Bruce R. Donald
Utilizing the instruments of knowledge know-how to appreciate the molecular equipment of the cellphone deals either demanding situations and possibilities to computational scientists. during the last decade, novel algorithms were constructed either for studying organic information and for artificial biology difficulties reminiscent of protein engineering. This ebook explains the algorithmic foundations and computational techniques underlying parts of structural biology together with NMR (nuclear magnetic resonance); X-ray crystallography; and the layout and research of proteins, peptides, and small molecules. each one bankruptcy deals a concise evaluation of significant suggestions, concentrating on a key subject within the box. 4 chapters provide a brief path in algorithmic and computational concerns on the topic of NMR structural biology, giving the reader an invaluable toolkit with which to strategy the interesting but thorny computational difficulties during this quarter. A recurrent topic is knowing the interaction among biophysical experiments and computational algorithms. The textual content emphasizes the mathematical foundations of structural biology whereas holding a stability among algorithms and a nuanced figuring out of experimental facts. 3 rising parts, fairly fertile floor for learn scholars, are highlighted: NMR method, layout of proteins and different molecules, and the modeling of protein flexibility. the subsequent new release of computational structural biologists will desire education in geometric algorithms, provably stable approximation algorithms, medical computation, and an array of concepts for dealing with noise and uncertainty in combinatorial geometry and computational biophysics. This ebook is a vital advisor for younger scientists on their option to learn good fortune during this fascinating box.
By Chirag Shah
Compiled by way of global- classification leaders within the box of collaborative details retrieval and seek (CIS), this booklet centres at the thought that info looking isn't continuously a solitary job and dealing in collaboration to accomplish information-seeking projects will be studied and supported.
Covering points of theories, versions, and purposes the e-book is split in 3 parts:
· top Practices and reports: delivering an outline of present wisdom and state of the art within the field.
· New domain names: covers many of the new and intriguing possibilities of utilizing CIS
· New concepts: specializes in new study instructions by means of students from academia and from round the world.
Collaborative details Seeking offers a important reference for pupil, lecturers, and researchers attracted to the world of collaborative paintings, details seeking/retrieval, and human-computer interaction.
By Jesse Feiler
“A nice learn for iOS builders who are looking to research if iCloud is true for his or her app and dive correct in with plenty of useful code examples.”
—Jon Bell, UXLaunchpad.com
Get Hands-On Mastery of iCloud info administration for iOS 7 and OS X Mavericks
As apps speedily circulation into enterprise and the cloud, iOS and OS X builders desire new facts administration recommendations. In Learning iCloud information Management, well known Apple database specialist Jesse Feiler indicates you ways to take advantage of Apple’s newest APIs and applied sciences to constitution and synchronize all sorts of information. Feiler is helping you know the problems, enforce effective options, and carry hugely usable apps that seamlessly synchronize in the course of the “Round journey” among iOS and OS X and again back.
This advisor walks you thru integrating numerous key Apple facts administration applied sciences, together with the tackle publication and Calendar APIs. Feiler indicates you ways to constitution info so it’s effortless to construct nice Cocoa and Cocoa contact consumer interfaces and to quick contain trustworthy iCloud syncing. step-by-step, you’ll notice find out how to combination Apple’s normal program facts constructions together with your personal consumer facts to create a feature-rich and completely syncable setting.
Understanding iCloud from the developer’s and user’s perspective
Accessing synchronized consumer calendars and contacts
Integrating Reminders into your apps
Playing via iCloud’s person privateness ideas
Applying constant iOS Settings and OS X personal tastes throughout consumer units
Managing continual garage with center information
Using Xcode venture Workspaces for shared improvement
Adding info to app bundles and assets
Integrating iCloud infrastructure, dossier wrappers, records, and knowledge
Completing the”Round journey” among either iOS and OS X
By Ray Anthony
WOW ANY viewers WITH THE WORLD'S maximum communique TOOL
Ditch your drained previous slides, drop these dull bullet points--and commence reimagining your shows for completely attractive effects! Killer shows together with your iPad exhibits you ways to open the ears, eyes--and minds--of your viewers and continue them hugely engaged from starting to end.
"A must-read for everybody who desires to be on the innovative of the cellular revolution." -- Gerhard Gschwandtner, CEO, promoting strength
"There are methods of spreading gentle . . . to be the candle, or the replicate that displays it. This publication combines either. purchase the booklet and the right way to brilliantly remove darkness from your audiences." -- Michael Michalko, bestselling writer of Thinkertoys
"Packed with powerfully innovative rules, new suggestions, and competition-beating innovations that may supply extra compelling, riveting, and most significantly, successful presentations!" -- Dan Poynter, Editor, international audio system NewsBrief
"Priceless info, rules, options, and how one can enormously magnify the facility of what you are providing, particularly utilizing the iPad in addition to our iPresent app to develop into the last word Killer Presenter." --Phil Lenton , Founder and CEO, iPresent
By Brad Miser
Step-by-step instructions with callouts to iPhone photographs that convey you precisely what to do.
Help when you run into iPhone difficulties or limitations.
Tips and Notes to assist you get the main out of your iPhone.
Full-color, step by step projects stroll you thru getting and maintaining your iPhone operating simply how you wish. The projects contain how to:
• connect with the net, Bluetooth units, wireless networks, and different iPhones, iPod touches, and iPads; benefit from AirDrop to immediately percentage with different iOS and Mac clients round you • Use Siri to get details, write texts and emails, set reminders/appointments, and extra simply by talking to your iPhone
• customise your iPhone with folders, wallpaper, ringtones, and masses more
• Configure and sync your details, and successfully deal with contacts, and calendars
• speak through FaceTime videoconferences, convention calls, textual content, e-mail, and more
• Make your textual content messages come alive through including electronic Touches and effects
• utilize Safari to browse the net and Mail to regulate all your electronic mail from one Inbox
• take heed to tune, sign up for podcasts, and use different nice iPhone apps
• catch and edit pictures and video; use the good digital camera gains corresponding to burst, timed and time-lapse pictures, slow-motion video, and dwell images through e mail, AirDrop, or texts; use iCloud to immediately retailer and proportion your photos
• locate, obtain, set up, and use striking iPhone apps
• make the most of iCloud to maintain your content material and knowledge in sync on all of your devices
By Bhanu Birani
Parse enables you to specialize in growing enticing apps on any platform whereas conserving your information and code within the cloud. it is a mold-breaking method of cellular app improvement and this instructional brings you correct as much as speed.
- Build your purposes utilizing Parse iOS which serves as a whole cloud-based backend service
- Understand and write your code on cloud to lessen the weight at the customer side
- Learn the right way to create your individual functions utilizing Parse SDK, with the aid of the step- via- step, useful tutorials
Parse utilizing iOS SDK is a brand new know-how, and is the 1st of its style within the box of cellular program improvement. It offers you the cloud the place you could continue your information, host your code, or even your web site with none difficulty. It offers SDK that you can entry your facts via your cellular and internet applications.
This useful, palms- on consultant can help you to immediately start with Parse iOS. it truly is choked with step- via- step workouts, with a view to assist you to exploit the true strength of the Parse iOS cloud backend provider, and offers you with an instance- dependent method of assist you construct functions utilizing Parse iOS.
Starting with Parse iOS install, we'll stream onto integration, and eventually, this consultant will finish with the advance of an software utilizing Parse iOS. additionally, you will find out about securing your software facts by way of specifying ACL and Roles on your info items. we'll additionally find out about configuration intimately, and the implementation of cloud code to make your software lighter at the patron part. you could benefit from iCloud by means of webhosting your web site as well.
You will study every little thing you have to understand to improve your program utilizing Parse iOS as a backend.
What you are going to research from this book
- Learn find out how to deal with items and queries in Parse
- Work with subclasses and records, to exploit the Parse iOS cloud to save lots of data
- Discover the right way to configure your software on Parse besides its deploy on your project
- Use Parse analytics for monitoring clients' job on applications
- Understand person production with login approach and person roles to safe information on Parse iOS cloud
- Get to grips with the various how you can deal with blunders in addition to securing your facts on cloud
A useful advisor, that includes step by step directions exhibiting you the way to exploit Parse iOS, and deal with your facts on cloud.
Who this e-book is written for
If you're a developer who desires to construct your functions immediately utilizing Parse iOS as a again finish software improvement, this publication is perfect for you. This publication can assist you to appreciate Parse, that includes examples that can assist you get acquainted with the strategies of Parse iOS.
The thrill and straightforward advisor to making iPad apps, up to date for iOS five! iPad app improvement is sizzling, with greater than 140,000 apps on hand in particular for the equipment and that quantity turning out to be each day. The advent of iOS five and iCloud supplies builders much more innovations to create impressive iPad apps. This quick and pleasant advisor to iPad app improvement is absolutely up to date for the latest improvements and covers every thing you want to recognize, beginning with easy methods to obtain the SDK and develop into an Apple developer all of the method to winding up your app and filing it to the App shop. Zeroes in on crucial techniques and instruments together with storyboard, segues, the ARC reminiscence supervisor, what makes a good iPad app, and extra Explains how the iPad bargains improvement possibilities that transcend the features of the iPhone or iPod contact via focusing solely on constructing apps for the iPad seems to be at how iOS five and iCloud introduced many alterations to the gadget and a wealth of latest good points for app builders to make use of of their apps Covers the way to develop into a registered Apple developer, easy methods to obtain and manage the SDK, and the main points of ways an iPad app runs renowned developer Neal Goldstein examines what is going right into a nice person event and takes you step-by-step in the course of the real improvement of 2 apps, illustrating every little thing you want to recognize even if you are looking for a brand new pastime otherwise you are looking to construct a company in app improvement, iPad program improvement For Dummies, third version is the ebook you will need on your developer's toolkit!
By Rory Lewis
The iPhone is the most well liked machine of our new release, and lots more and plenty of its good fortune has been fueled through the App shop, Apple’s on-line market for iPhone functions. Over 1 billion apps have been downloaded through the 9 months following the release of the App shop, starting from the best video games to the main complicated company apps. every body has an concept for the following bestselling iPhone app―presumably, that’s why you’re analyzing this now! And with the recognition of the iPad, this call for will simply keep growing.
So how do you construct an program for the iPhone and iPad? Don’t you want to spend years studying advanced programming languages? What approximately Objective-C and Cocoa contact ? the answer's that you just don’t want to know any of these issues! anyone can begin development uncomplicated apps for the iPhone and iPad, and this ebook will convey you the way.
This replace of an Apress bestseller walks you thru growing your first app, utilizing undeniable English and functional examples utilizing the iOS five software program improvement platform and extra. It cuts throughout the fog of jargon and incorrect information that surrounds iPhone and iPad software improvement, and offers you easy, step by step directions to get you started.
- Teaches iPhone and iPad apps improvement in language someone can comprehend
- Provides basic, step by step examples that make studying effortless, utilizing iOS five
- Offers movies that show you how to stick with in addition to the author―it’s like your personal deepest school room