There are many Android programming courses that provide the fundamentals. This booklet is going past basic apps into many parts of Android improvement that you just won't locate in competing books.
Whether you must upload domestic display app widgets for your arsenal, or create extra complicated maps, combine multimedia positive aspects just like the digital camera, combine tightly with different functions, or combine scripting languages, this publication has you covered.
Moreover, this ebook has over 50 pages of Honeycomb-specific fabric, from dynamic fragments, to integrating navigation into the motion bar, to making list-based app widgets. It additionally has a bankruptcy on utilizing NFC, the instant know-how at the back of Google pockets and similar services.
This e-book is one in CommonsWare's growing to be sequence of Android comparable titles, together with The Busy Coder's advisor to Android Development, Android Programming Tutorials, and the impending Tuning Android Applications.
Table of Contents
- WebView, within and Out
- Crafting your individual Views
- More enjoyable With ListViews
- Creating Drawables
- Home display App Widgets
- Interactive Maps
- Creating customized Dialogs and Preferences
- Advanced Fragments and the motion Bar
- Animating Widgets
- Using the Camera
- Playing Media
- Handling process Events
- Advanced carrier Patterns
- Using procedure Settings and Services
- Content supplier Theory
- Content supplier Implementation Patterns
- The Contacts ContentProvider
- Searching with SearchManager
- Introspection and Integration
- Working with SMS
- More at the Manifest
- Device Configuration
- Push Notifications with C2DM
- The position of Scripting Languages
- The Scripting Layer for Android
- JVM Scripting Languages
- Reusable Components
By Erica Sadun
speedy and enjoyable to learn, Taking Your iPod contact to the Max supplies all of the guidance and strategies you may ever reflect on to utilize your Apple iPod contact. Erica Sadun is knowledgeable at hacking units to find undocumented tips, and this booklet finds every thing and extra in regards to the performance of the iPod contact. yet ahead of that, Sadun provide you with the easiest, best, and fun–to–read advent to the fundamentals of utilizing the iPod contact that you'll ever locate.
What you’ll learn
- iPod contact fundamentals
- E–mail utilizing iCal
- Surfing the internet with iPod contact utilizing Safari
- Expanding the most menu utilizing third–party software program
- Using iTunes, video games, iBooks, and so on.
- Connecting to the television and ripping DVDs
- Hacking OS X Leopard to run apps at the iPod contact
- Getting contract–free VOIP
- Saving on components and what you actually need
Who this e-book is for
a person who has an iPod contact and needs to get extra out of it, tips on how to connect with different units, or tinker with it.
By Andre Girard, Brunilde Sansò, Felida Vazquez-Abad
GERAD celebrates this yr its twenty fifth anniversary. the guts used to be created in 1980 by means of a small team of professors and researchers of HEC Montreal, McGill collage and of the Ecole Polytechnique de Montreal. GERAD's actions accomplished enough scope to justify its conversion in June 1988 right into a Joint learn Centre of HEC Montreal, the Ecole Polytechnique de Montreal and McGill college. In 1996, the U- versite du Quebec a Montreal joined those 3 associations. GERAD has fifty participants (professors), greater than twenty study affiliates and put up doctoral scholars and greater than countless numbers grasp and Ph.D. scholars. GERAD is a multi-university middle and a necessary discussion board for the devel- ment of operations study. Its challenge is outlined round the following 4 complementarily pursuits: • the unique and professional contribution to all study fields in GERAD's forte; • The dissemination of study ends up in the easiest medical shops in addition to within the society commonly; • the learning of graduate scholars and publish doctoral researchers; • The contribution to the commercial neighborhood by means of fixing vital difficulties and supplying transferable instruments.
This ebook constitutes the court cases of the eighth foreign Workshop on communique applied sciences for automobiles, Nets4Cars/Nets4Trains/Nets4Aircraft 2015, held in Sousse, Tunisia, in might 2015. The 20 papers offered during this quantity have been rigorously reviewed and chosen from 27 submissions. The contributions are prepared in topical sections named: highway; rail; and air.
Unlock the facility of multi-core cellular units to construct responsive and reactive Android applications
About This Book
- Construct scalable and performant purposes to use multi-thread asynchronous techniques
- Explore the high-level Android asynchronous constructs on hand at the Android SDK
- Choose the main applicable asynchronous strategy to enforce your subsequent striking feature
Who This e-book Is For
This publication is for Android builders who are looking to find out how to construct multithreaded and trustworthy Android functions utilizing high-level and complicated asynchronous concepts and ideas. No past wisdom of concurrent and asynchronous programming is needed. This publication can also be nice for Java specialists who're new to Android.
What you are going to Learn
- Get accustomed to the android approach version and low-level concurrent constructs added by way of the Android SDK
- Use AsyncTask and loader framework to load info within the heritage, offering growth ends up in the meantime
- Create prone that engage along with your task with no compromising the UI rendering
- Learn the operating of Android concurrency at the local Layer
- Interact with within sight units over Bluetooth and WiFi communications channels
- Create and compose initiatives with RxJava to execute complicated asynchronous paintings in a predictable way
- Get acquainted with using the Android Loader build to bring updated results
Asynchronous programming has bought enormous significance in Android programming, specially after we intend to make use of the variety of self sustaining processing devices (cores) to be had at the most up-to-date Android devices.
To commence with, you'll get to grasp the main points of the Android procedure version and the Java low point concurrent framework introduced by means of Android SDK. Following this, we are going to advisor you thru the high-level Android-specific constructs on hand at the SDK: Handler, AsyncTask, and Loader. subsequent, we'll advisor you thru the production of IntentServices, sure prone, and exterior companies, which may run within the history even if the consumer isn't interacting with it. subsequent, you can find the AlarmManager and the JobScheduler APIs, used to agenda and defer paintings with no sacrificing the battery lifestyles. In a extra complicated section, you'll create historical past initiatives which are capable of execute CPU-intensive projects within the Java local layer, utilizing the Android NDK. eventually, we'll introduce you to RxJava, a favored asynchronous Java framework used to compose paintings in a concise and constant manner. Asynchronous Android Programming can assist you to construct well-behaved purposes with delicate, responsive consumer interfaces that satisfaction clients with fast effects and knowledge that is continually fresh.
By Adriaan de Jonge
In Essential App Engine, Adriaan de Jonge exhibits Java builders tips to swiftly construct complicated, productionquality, performance-driven cloud purposes with Google App Engine. utilizing a start-to-finish case examine and vast Java instance code, De Jonge covers the complete lifecycle, from program layout and knowledge modeling via defense, checking out, and deployment.
De Jonge introduces step forward options for developing functions that reply inside seconds, even on chilly startup, and make allowance server responses in 1000s of milliseconds or much less through the remainder of the consultation. He additionally demonstrates tips on how to stay away from universal errors which could dramatically lessen cloud software functionality and scalability. He completely covers state of the art consumer interface improvement and indicates the best way to utilize Google App Engine’s large set of APIs. assurance includes
- Setting up a improvement atmosphere that makes it effortless to repeatedly handle performance
- Understanding the anatomy of a Google App Engine application
- Making the proper technical setup and layout offerings for every new application
- Efficiently modeling info for App Engine’s NoSQL information storage
- Recognizing whilst to prevent OR-mapping and move datastore entities on to HTML templates
- Finding possible choices to frameworks and libraries that impair App Engine performance
- Improving browser functionality and decreasing source intake through greater use of HTML5 and CSS3
- Taking benefit of key App Engine APIs: datastore, blobstore, mail, activity scheduling, reminiscence caching, URL retrieval, and messaging
- Securing cloud-based internet functions with Google debts, OpenID, and OAuth
- Improving your cloud improvement, caliber coverage, and deployment processes
- Targeting, advertising, and promoting cloud suggestions, from making plans to check handling
With seventy five in-depth chapters, over 800 pages and greater than forty seven instance app tasks (including the resource code) this booklet presents every little thing you want to effectively advance and installation Android apps utilizing Android Studio.
absolutely up-to-date for Android Studio 2.2 and Android 7, the aim of this booklet is to coach the talents essential to advance Android dependent functions utilizing the Android Studio built-in improvement setting (IDE) and the Android 7 software program improvement package (SDK).
starting with the fundamentals, this e-book offers an summary of the stairs essential to arrange an Android improvement and trying out setting. an outline of Android Studio is incorporated protecting components comparable to device home windows, the code editor and the format Editor instrument. An advent to the structure of Android is by way of an in-depth examine the layout of Android purposes and person interfaces utilizing the Android Studio atmosphere.
extra complex themes resembling database administration, content material services and intents also are coated, as are contact reveal dealing with, gesture popularity, digicam entry and the playback and recording of either video and audio. This version of the booklet additionally covers printing, transitions and cloud-based dossier garage.
The recommendations of fabric layout also are coated intimately, together with using floating motion buttons, Snackbars, tabbed interfaces, card perspectives, navigation drawers and collapsing toolbars.
as well as overlaying common Android improvement thoughts, the publication additionally comprises Google Play particular issues corresponding to imposing maps utilizing the Google Maps Android API, in-app billing and filing apps to the Google Play Developer Console.
the major new good points of Android Studio and Android 7 also are lined intimately together with the hot format editor, the ConstraintLayout type, direct answer notifications, Firebase distant notifications and multi-window aid.
Chapters additionally disguise complicated gains of Android Studio comparable to Gradle construct configuration and the implementation of construct versions to focus on a number of Android machine varieties from a unmarried venture code base.
Assuming you have already got a few Java programming event, are able to obtain Android Studio and the Android SDK, have entry to a home windows, Mac or Linux method and concepts for a few apps to boost, you're ready to get started.
By Vandad Nahavandipoor
Jazz up your iPhone and iPad apps with a few slick images and animation—and retain clients from having a look in other places. This brief and concise ebook indicates builders with even little Cocoa programming adventure the right way to create remarkable pics and animation results with fairly effortless coding. how one can include gentle animations and draw photographs on your apps to accomplish the fashionable glance you want.
The recipes during this ebook contain step by step directions and straightforward code options that you should placed to paintings correct away.
- Learn simple innovations for adapting to assorted reveal sizes
- Construct, set, and use colors
- Draw textual content, photos, strains, and rectangles
- Add shadows to shapes
- Create and draw gradients
- Learn the best way to animate and scale, rotate, or circulate views
By Denny Atkin
- Shows clients the best way to utilize Sony's well known Palm OS PDA, the CLIE
- Sony holds the second one greatest percentage of the U.S. PDA market-12.1 percent
- Guides new and intermediate clients throughout the the entire most recent CLIE positive aspects and capabilities, from utilizing Graffiti and dealing with Microsoft place of work and PDF records to scheduling appointments, checking e mail, and beaming data
- Covers cool multimedia positive aspects equivalent to taking electronic pictures, generating slide indicates, recording and staring at videos, moving track, and developing reminders utilizing the integrated voice recorder
- Written in a pleasant, obtainable kind via PDA guru Denny Atkin, Editorial Director of Handheld Computing magazine
By Rick Broida
Maximize the facility of your Palm Pre!
This easy-to-follow consultant exhibits you the way to get the main out of the leading edge cellphone outfitted at the Palm webOS platform. How to Do every little thing: Palm Pre is helping you navigate the interface, load info from a number of resources, and use all of the verbal exchange features--phone, e-mail, and messaging. you will surf the net, snap images, take pleasure in multimedia, obtain cool apps, and maintain your Pre working at top functionality. This one-stop source covers all of it!
- Configure and customise your Pre
- Connect to info from a number of assets
- Make calls and ship emails, texts, and immediate messages
- Connect to instant networks and entry the net
- Load contacts, calendar goods, memos, and initiatives
- Navigate with GPS
- Listen to song, watch video clips, and take images
- Install and use third-party apps
- Secure, troubleshoot, and preserve your Pre
About the Authors:
Rick Broida is the writer or coauthor of greater than a dozen books, together with How to Do every thing along with your Zune. He writes for PC international, well known technological know-how, Wired, CNET's Cheapskate weblog, and BNET's company Hacks.
Dave Johnson is the writer or coauthor of greater than 3 dozen books, together with How to Do every little thing together with your electronic Camera. He writes on a regular basis for PC World and blogs day-by-day for BNET's company Hacks.